Low-Income Community Education: A call for urgency


Wasiu - A school-aged boy during school hour
When school-aged children are seeing wandering around during school hour and you know they are not enrolled in any school or to even learning a trade, there is this Holy anger that grows from my belly but my perspective changed when I approached Wasiu, a 13yrs old boy in a ruggedly dirty cloth which signal to me that the boy must be a mechanic apprentice and we get talking. He told me he was in school before but because the parent cannot even afford some informal fees and the parents cannot stand the embarrassment of being sent out of school all the time. They enrolled me for mechanic apprenticeship based on the agreement that I will be allowed to help my mother to sell Ewedu. We sell Ewedu for us to feed ourselves, she has gone to the Akuro to fetch the Ewedu and I want to go and carry them home (Although I wasn't so rich that day but we made an agreement to get him back to school and he will return in the evening for the workshop. I made this agreement in order not to offend all the parties involve. Poco a poco we will get there).
Quality education is faced with critical challenges when it comes to its attainment in the Low-Income communities and intervention is very important from all of us in bringing quality education to the doorstep of these children.

I don't always care about any project that will add pedigree to our organization but what we care about those things that are not really profitable but are the center point of our so-called humanity.
For us to create sustainability have to root our activities in our communities (Especially Peri and Rural Communities).
There somethings that are not economically viable but they are the things that made us developmental workers.
- Investing in education without expecting immediate return
- Developing community service centers
- Advocating for the rights of Girl Child
- Advocating for the right of the Disabled (although I prefer to all them differently abled persons) etc
I am still here and #IamBezaleel

#SDGs #GlobalGoals #QualityEducation #Goal4 #Goal5 #Goal1 #Goal2 #Support #Goal17 Tech Tutors and Authors IamBezaleel Endonamoo Transformation Global Initiative Real Leaders Conference 
Share on Google Plus

About elints

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment